Monday, September 1, 2014

September 14, 2104 - Lakeside Triathlon

My first Triathlon.
It was a chilly day. With temperature high 15C and water around 20C, but it felt much colder.
Swim: it was short 400m but long enough for my feet to get numb.
Transition 1: I felt dizzy when got out of the water. Even though I practiced to get out of wetsuit, it wasn't easy. On a top of it all pins from bib got opened when I put my shirt on. They didn't stay on even after another attempt to close them, so I just went on with two pins holding bib from the same side.
Bike: it was nice hilly road and this probably helped me to catch up with others after swim. My toes were numb, but it felt good to pass a lot a people.
Transition 2: It went pretty smoothly.
Run: Run was on gravel road, which I didn't mind. I could see how far back I am, as people were turning and running back.

Result


No comments:

Post a Comment